Politics

Trump is going to move away from the war stop in Ukraine and put guilty on Europe - Axios

To spread: US President Donald Trump seriously considers the possibility of refusing diplomatic efforts until one or both parties begin to show more flexibility. In addition, Trump is dissatisfied with the behavior of EU leaders. After the Alaska summit, there is no clear progress in the end of the war in Ukraine. Trump's assistants claim that guilt should be assigned to European allies, not Trump or even Russian President Vladimir Putin, Axios writes.

High -ranking White House officials believe that some European leaders publicly support President Trump's efforts to end the war in Ukraine, but they secretly try to negate the backstage progress made after the Alaska summit. Progress, which is unknown because both Putin and Trump have just stated that the conversation was "productive" but did not answer the questions of journalists after meeting in Anchorge.

White House officials allegedly lose patience against European leaders who, according to their statements, push Ukraine to obtain unrealistic territorial concessions from Russia. The sanctions that the United States urge to approve against Russia include the complete cessation of all oil and gas purchases, as well as additional EU duties on India and China, similar to those that the US has already introduced against India.

"Europeans cannot delay this war and cherish unreasonable expectations while expecting America to bear expenses. If Europe wants to escalate this war, it will be its business. But they will be hopelessly to tear the defeat from the hands of the victory," - said a high -ranking white house. After meeting with Putin and President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky, Trump repeatedly stated that the next step should be the summit of Putin and Zelensky. So far, the Russians refuse to meet.

At the same time, the Ukrainians rejected any discussion of possible territorial concessions, unless the Russians sit at the negotiating table. Trump is clearly disappointed with the current situation. And another insider reported that the US President seriously considers the possibility of refusing diplomatic efforts until one or both parties begin to show more flexibility. "We will sit with our hands and watch.

Let them fight for a while, and there we will see what will come out of it," the official said. Some US officials began to consider European leaders as a serious obstacle, despite the fact that Trump had a friendly meeting with them and Zelensky less than two weeks ago. At the same time, high -ranking European officials who participated in negotiations with the United States on the war between Ukraine and Russia, were surprised to criticize the US.

He noted that no one is leading a "backstage" against Trump and European countries are already working on a new package of sanctions against Russia. We will remind, on August 29 in New York met the special representative of Trump Steve Vitcoff and the head of the apparatus of Zelensky Andrey Yermak. They discussed the possible meeting of Zelensky and Putin, and Yermak invited Vitcoff to visit Kiev, but no significant progress was made, the source, aware of the meeting, said.